Thursday, November 28, 2013

On Thanksgiving and Lists

November 28, 2013

So here's a fun fact: I just figured out how to work the delay timer on this blog. Let's all geek out with me as I celebrate my successful discovery!

Erhm... Anyways... My point is that I am writing this blog post ahead of time, as my family is journeying into the vast expanse of nothingness for Thanksgiving (a.k.a. Central Montana) and I won't have Internet access again until Friday. Props for family gatherings.

So, for my Thanksgiving day blog, I thought I'd make a couple of lists. First, what I'm thankful for. Second, all the food I'm going to eat. I'll let you decide which is more interesting.

Things For Which To Give Thanks:


  1. Access to the Internet, so I can broadcast all of my insignificant thoughts and problems all the way around the world.
  2. A large family that always keeps me occupied and on my toes.
  3. A group of really awesome friends that call me on my crap and feel that same need I do to analyze our lives in excruciating detail.
  4. A motley crew of furry friends that both keep me company and keep me entertained.
  5. A society that loves to celebrate special occasions and holidays with an excessive amount of food :)
Things Of Which To Eat Heartily:
  1. Mushrooms stuffed with crab meat and shrimp (and I get the honor of making them...)
  2. A perfectly golden-brown turkey 
  3. The accompanying stuffing to the aforementioned turkey
  4. A veggie tray
  5. A cheese tray (complete with Triscuits; in my opinion, much more appetizing than the veggie tray)
  6. Mashed potatoes
  7. Corn on the cob
  8. Homemade bread
  9. Dessert. Of any kind. Except pumpkin pie, because it's nasty
I'm sure that I could extend both of these lists until they caused your browsers to freeze trying to load them, but I will refrain, dear audience. I hope that you all have a lovely Thanksgiving, and if you are not from the US, than have a perfectly lovely day anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment